Dear collaborators and customers:
In view of the difficult situation we are all going through with COVID19 , both individuals and companies, some production plants are being adapted to manufacture items that are now necessary, such as masks, gowns, respirators, etc. It is impressive to see how solidarity and innovation have been put at the service of healthcare and the needs of the population.
CONIEXs.a. has joined this dynamic and we offer you a silicone formulation dedicated to medical and biomedical applications, so that you can manufacture (by injection or molding) certain parts of a silicone-based mask, such as the body of the mask or the straps that hold it around the head, and thus obtain a product that will be suitable for all kinds of medical and biomedical applications. easy to clean, reusable as many times as necessary, with good support and adaptation to the face due to its elastic properties and that does not generate by-products or vapors once the silicone is post-cured (four hours post-curing at 200 ºC in a ventilated oven is mandatory). This silicone consists of a temperature-crosslinkable elastomer with good mechanical properties (it does not degrade or break easily) and a wide range of working temperatures (-50 ºC to 200 ºC), which allows for a wide range of applications. easy disinfection of the final productfor example by high temperature (use of steam or water bath), alcohol spraying, washing with soap solutions, or other disinfection methods.
Other advantages of the formulated product include:
- Excellent processing capacity.
- Excellent transparency. If the silicone is required to have a special color, please consult with our R+D+i laboratory to see if this is possible.
- Very good compromise of mechanical properties.
- Very good resistance to oxidizing agents (oxygen, ozone and UV).
- Very good performance in all sterilization methods.
- Very good release properties.
- Chemically inert.
Additionally, this silicone has been designed to comply with the following standards and regulations:
- BIOCOMPATIBILITYThis silicone is biocompatible with the skin, is not cytotoxic and does not cause irritation or sensitization according to the standard norm. NF EN ISO 10993 “Biological Evaluation of the Medical Devices – Part 1: Evaluation and testing within a risk management process”., which refers to tests applicable to materials in contact with intact skin.
- ALLERGENS: This product does not contain in its formula nor is added in its manufacturing process any of the following skin allergenic substances listed on the ANNEX III: “List of substances which cosmetic products must not contain except subject to the restrictions laid down of REGULATION (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products“.:
- 2- Benzylideneheptanal.
- Benzyl alcohol.
- Cinnamyl alcohol.
- 3,7- Dimethyl-2,6-octadienal.
- Phenol, 2-methoxy-4-(2-propenyl).
- Phenol, 2-methoxy-4-(1-propenyl)-.
- Benzyl salicylate.
- 2-Propenal, 3-phenyl.
- 2,6-Octadien-1-ol, 3,7-dimethyl-, (2E)-.
- 3 and 4-(4-Hydroxy-4-methylpentyl) cyclohex-3-ene-1carbaldehyde.
- 4- Methoxybenzyl alcohol.
- 2-Propenoic acid, 3-phenyl-, phenylmethyl ester.
- 2,6,10-Dodecatrien-1-ol, 3,7,11-trimethyl.
- 2-(4-tert-Butylbenzyl) propionaldehyde.
- 1,6-Octadien-3-ol, 3,7-dimethyl-.
- Benzyl benzoate.
- Citronellol/(±) -3,7-dimethyloct-6-en-1-ol.
- Oak moss extract.
- Treemoss extract.
- FOOD CONTACT: In addition, the substances contained in the formulation are compatible with the following food contact regulation: FDA /21CFR- §177.2600- Rubber articles intended for repeated use.
Without further ado, we hope that with your ideas and our silicones we can make something new!
Our Technical Applications Department and our R&D Laboratories are at your disposal.
We send you cordial greetings,
The Coniex team